Gluten Free Arts & Culture Tour
you don’t need to be gluten-free to go!
featuring guest chef David Ferguson
August 4-11, 2012
$2800 per person (double occupancy)
Colibri Culinary Travel is offering a gluten free arts and culture tour to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, Travel + Leisure Magazine’s #4 pick for top ten world destinations. For eight days and seven nights, travelers will enjoy farm-to-table, organic cuisine and classes from resident chef Alicia Rivero, and guest chef David Ferguson. Chef David combined a love of BBQ with a passion for strong Mexican spicing and applied his fine-dining training (he earned his stripes at Toqué! and Au Pied de Cochon) to create one of Montreal’s most idiosyncratic and best loved dining establishments, roadhouse-style restaurant Le Jolifou.
Casa de la Noche, a former bordello turned stylish inn offers rooms with private baths, spacious dining and peaceful courtyard areas. It features a water purification system and offers wireless Internet and free US telephone service. And, centrally located in San Miguel’s historic center, it is only three blocks from the main garden square of San Miguel, home of the famous pink cathedral, the Paroquia.
All meals, lodging, airport transfers, activities, classes, gratuities, tequila tasting, entrance fees, Colibri’s own self guided tour handbook.
Group Activity Highlights
- Guided historic town tour
- Guided art gallery and artisan studio tour.
- Picnic at the home of artist Anado McLauchlin and art historian Richard Schultz. Read about their lives together here.
- Art workshops with Dawn Gaskill, encaustic painter and artist and with Dan and Nisha Ferguson, ceramic sculpture and painter. Learn about them here.
- Cooking workshop and adobe oven demonstration with Chef Ferguson
- Chichimecca Indian dance performance
- Musical performance.
- Performance by Gravityworks Circus troupe
Immediate deposit of 50% confirmed upon clearance of payment secures space. 100% balance due July 10. Email Cate Lazen at firstname.lastname@example.org for payment instructions and questions about anything.
100% by June 23
50% by July 14
25% by July 21
After July 21 none
Colibri strongly recommends www.insuremytrip.com at your own cost.
Colibri’s self guided tours (instructions, maps included)
- Markets: organic produce, artisan/crafts, etc
- Mariachi and salsa music performance
- Botanical Gardens
Trip Does not include:
Round trip airfare to Mexico, personal alcohol, personal expenses (prescriptions, toiletries, etc.) and activities/cabs/tips outside of Colibri agenda (e.g. spa services, excursions classes).